MINT Event Design
Custom code & optimization
About the project
Carolina is a party planner and event stylist that organizes and decorates all types of fun and incredibly creative events for her clients.
She already had a Squarespace site but was having a hard time tweaking it and making improvements to some of her pages.
STRATEGY & Code
The first thing I did was remove all of the images that were being used in place of text – affecting her site's SEO – and switch them for real text and custom headings that she can now use any time just by selecting different options in her text toolbar.
Among other customizations, I also:
- Optimized her gallery pages with a fresh and bold layout.
- Added breadcrumbs to make it easier to browse through all her event galleries.
- Gave her menu links a watercolor hover mode.
- Styled the heading on her main banner to avoid covering her image as much as possible.
- Gave her blog a branded category filter.
- Optimized her Press & Reviews page layout, to display her clients' testimonials in a more engaging way.
- Added a banner image to her blog page with a custom layout.
- Created an automatic signature for all her blog posts, which can be deactivated on selected posts at will.